Moroccan Fossil Fish in Matrix (051717a))
- Name: ( Goulmimites) c.f. Ichthyodectidae (?)
- Age: Cretaceous – 100 million yrs
Location: Goulmima, Atlas Mountains, Morocco
- Highly detailed specimen with Minor repair/restoration
- Super Details & very dramatic 3 Dimensional display specimen
- These highly detailed specimens, showing scales, mouthparts, and fins have just started coming out of Morocco. There is still much research to be done on these fishes to correctly identify and catalogue them. The specimens are very similar to the Old Mission formation fish nodules from Brazil. As these two localities were attached and/or aligned during the time these fish lived, it is most likely many will be the same or associated species.
- Our price is $895.00