Trilobite Mortality Plate (031418e)
- Name: Eldredgeops norwoodensis & Crassiproetus sp.
- Formation: Little Cedar Formation
- Age: Devonian Age – 350 Million yrs
- Location: Johnson County, Iowa
- Two Near Complete Trilobites of two different species
- This is called a “Mortality Plate” because it is basically a frozen snapshot of a mass death assemblage. Notice that the specimens are right side up. This tells you that they were all alive just prior to their death and were probably all stranded and crowded into the last small pool of water they could find, with very high salinity and little oxygen.
- Impressive & Professionally prepared
- For a more detailed explanation click here:
- Price is $100.00