Stigmaria Fossil Root Section (052020c)
- Name: Stigmaria
- Age: Carboniferous – Age 280 -345 mill yrs
- Location: Middle Alabama area
- Large root section from Lepidodendron tree, showing great dimple definition where the secondary roots branched off the main root. Weight is 5 pounds +
- Great Index Fossils pin pointing a specific Geological time period. These specimens are most always found above the coal seams. The great forests of this time period were compacted into peat bogs. The lower areas turning to coal and the area above the coal turning to shale and home to the fossils.
- For more information click here
- Price is $65.00