Rare Complete Permian Reptile Skeleton (010420r)
- Name: Captorhinus aguti (Cope) “Early Land Reptile”
- A small stocky omnivore that lived in groups inhabiting the lower ares of what is now Oklahoma.Large head with prominent teeth and a “third Eye hole” in the top of the head for sensing changes in light and temperature.
- The specimen has been completely reassembled in a life-like pose. The ribs, and pelvic bones are reconstructed.
- This is a Complete 3 Dimensional specimen permanently mounted on rock. *Interesting feature is the short tail. This animal could detach its tail when seized by a predator to allow its safe escape. This shortened tail shows that this is probably what happened to this animal and it was in the process of growing back.
- Age: Permian (250 million yrs)
- Location: Lawton, OklahomaSpecifics:Very Nice Impressive Specimen with custom made case, Brass ID plate, and University of Kansas research manual
Extremely Rare and very hard to obtain Museum Grade Specimen
For a more detailed explanation click here: >
- *FOB – Due to the fragile nature of this specimen, it is non shippable by normal shippers. Requires a hand-to-hand pickup or Freight shipping. This will need to be coordinated before or after purchase.
- **** Price $4900.00