Early Permian Reptile in Matrix (112021d)
- Name: Mesosaurus
- Age: Late Permian – 225 million yrs
- Location: Brazil
- This amazing (very hard to obtain), specimen was collected around 20 years ago and has been held in a private collection.
- There has been crack repair work on the rock plate, but no restoration to the specimen
- Mesosaurus was significant in providing evidence for the theory of continental drift, because its remains
were found in southern Africa and eastern South America, two far away places. As Mesosaurus was a small
freshwater organism, and therefore could not have crossed the Atlantic Ocean, this distribution indicated
that Africa and South America used to be joined together. Indeed, all the world’s continents were joined into
one supercontinent called Pangaea in the time Mesosaurus existed.
- For more information “CLICK HERE“
- Good Large Specimen
- *Includes stand, information sheet, COA, and Free USA Shipping
- *Our Price is $1800.00